Welcome to the McDermott Fitness Center, a full service fitness amenity offered exclusively to the employees of McDermott. We have everything you need to start reaching your fitness goals including a full complement of cardio equipment, machine & free weights, first class locker room, on site personal trainers, group classes and much more. Membership is FREE. Don’t wait, join today!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can my spouse use the Fitness Center?
No, the Fitness Center is only available to McDermott employees who office in the building.
Are the GroupX rooms available for use?
Yes, as long as there is not a class in motion, the rooms are available for personal use.
Do you offer Personal Training?
Yes, we offer personal training, small group training, and personalized workout programs. Please, inquire with one of our staff members Andres or Susanna or email us at McDermottFitness@trophyfitness.com.
Can I store my belongings in the locker for the day or overnight?
No, to insure we always have enough lockers for everyone, lockers are only allowed to be used while you are using the gym. You must remove all of your items when leaving the gym.
What are the Fitness Center hours?
Monday – Friday, 5:30 AM – 8:00 PM.
FITNESS CENTER FEATURES
ACTION IS THE FOUNDATIONAL KEY TO ALL SUCCESS.
MEET OUR TEAM
Program Manager / Certified Personal Trainer
Education: Sam Houston State and The College of Healthcare Professions
- PTA Global CPT
- PTA Global Advanced Module Exercise and Strength Management
- NASM CPT/CES/PES/MMACS/CNC
- VIPR Certification
Been Training Since: 2011
Why I love being a personal trainer: “I enjoy facilitating the positive change some people may fear going after alone. It’s rewarding to know you positively have impacted someone’s life for the better. Whether mentally or physically.”
What I love about McDermott Fitness: “I appreciate the exclusivity of corporate fitness. That being said, I love the family-oriented and southern hospitality feel Trophy Fitness and McDermott shares with its employees and members.”
Favorite Quote: “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.” – D.H. Lawrence
Assistant Program Manager / Certified Personal Trainer
Education: B.S. Health Promotion, Minor Nutrition University of Houston
- XPS Performance Specialist
- XFS Health Fitness Specialist
- Onnit Academy Foundations Trainer
- Schwinn Indoor Cycling
Been Training Since: 2012
Why I love being a personal trainer: “I love to empower clients to see their own potential and help transform their lifestyles for the better!”
What I love about McDermott Fitness: “I enjoy training at McDermott because I get to interact with a variety of people from different backgrounds and experiences.”
Favorite Quote: “How you do one thing is how you do everything.”
IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. IF IT WASN’T HARD, EVERYONE WOULD DO IT. THE HARD IS WHAT MAKES IT GREAT.
Policies and Procedures
- Class & Gym Time reservations become available 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time.
- Please limit reservations to one class per day; multiple reservations will result in cancellation of all reservations for that day.
- If you are unable to attend a class you have made a reservation for, PLEASE cancel your reservation so that others may join. Repeated “no shows” for reserved classes may result in revoked access to reservations.
- If not present at scheduled start time, your spot will be filled by those on the wait list.